If you volunteer in any capacity (Coach, Snack Shack, Team Parent, etc), check with your employer and see if they have a matching gifts program for volunteer hours. Those matching dollars help MCLL stay within budget and provide the services that make Mill Creek Little league as great as it is!
The Mill Creek White Sox (Majors BB) are the TOC Champions!The White Sox did it in an amazing come from behind fashion, trailing Pacific 8-1 in the second inning before rallying to an 11-9 victory. Every player on the team contributed to the victory but fortunes were definitely turned in our favor by a 2-run double from Colton Matter. What an amazing game, tournament, and season!!Congratulations White Sox!
Congratulations to the 2013 MCLL Baseball All-Stars!
|11/12 All-Stars||10/11 All-Stars||9/10 All-Stars|
Minors Invitation rosters are posted below.
Congratulations the the players below! The tournament begins this week. Check back soon for details!
Congratulations to our Softball All-Star Teams!
|Juniors||Majors All Stars|
|10/11 All Stars||9/10 All Stars|
Fall Ball registration is now open...
for Baseball players ages 8-16 (2013 league age as of April 30, 2013)
and girls Softball players ages 8-11 (2013 league age as of Dec. 31, 2012).
Click the Fall Ball tab for more information
Click the Registration tab to register. Save $10 by registering by July 1!
2013 MCLL Volunteer of the Year
The 2013 Ed Lundberg Volunteer of the Year Award recipient is Keith Cottingham. Keith is being recognized for his service to the league. Here are some quick facts about Keith's service to the league:
- Keith has been an MCLL Board member since 2009, and a Coach at multiple levels of Baseball and Softball since 2007.
- In 2012, Keith oversaw a successful Softball program that sent MCLL's first ever Softball State Champion to San Bernardino, CA. This was MCLL's first Softball State Champion since 2006, and it's first State Champion team of any kind since 2008.
- Before Keith took over the softball program in 2010, MCLL had never before fielded three Softball All Star teams in the same year. Under Keith's Leadership, MCLL has now fielded three Softball All Star teams each year for three straight years (2010-2012) - a remarkable accomplishment.
- In 2012, two of the MCLL's Softball All Star teams won District Championships in the same year - another first for MCLL.
- On top of his duties as VP of softball in 2012, Keith also managed to help coach a Majors Softball team AND a Juniors Baseball team.
Keith has been an outstanding leader for MCLL. Keith's many years of hard work have allowed MCLL to build a highly successful softball program that resulted in a State Championship in 2012.
Mill Creek Little League Day 2013
Thanks for making it such a great success.
View more pictures on the Photo Albums Page.
The All-Star season is just around the corner!
See the All-Star tab to the left for information.
Applications for 11/12, 10/11 an 9/10 baseball were due May 15.
Safety Parents Needed!
MCLL places that highest priority on Player Safety! Each Team is required to have an assigned Safety Parent to help with this important duty.
Benefits of being a Safety Parent:
- · Free safety training (great for home and family injuries)!
- · Community service opportunity!
- · Helps the Team!
Responsibilities of a Safety Parent:
- · Documents and reports injuries and emergencies
- · Assists Managers & Coaches with on-site first aid
- · Prevents players from playing while injured
Contact Kimberly Walsh, MCLL Safety Director:
#425-385-2839 home office
Mill Creek Little League sent 3 umpires to San Bernardino Western Region Little League Headquaters 9 February through 16 February for the intensive WRLL Umpires Clinic. About 40 umpires from throughout WRLL attended this residence camp (YES, we lived in the player barracks) featuring 15 hour days and emphasizing both mechanics (how an umpire positions themselves on the field) and rules/regs. Mill Creek Little League now features 6 active WRLL Umpire School trained umpires, more than any league in the state and more than most districts. Our past graduates willing to take a week of vacation time for this arduous adventure include Al Gingras, Tim Kerber and Rahvie Pagely. Recent grads are from left in the image Frank Nemec, Tony MacKAY (your's truly) and Daniel Mills. Each umpire ALSO thanks Mill Creek Little League for their commitment to umpire development and education.
Mill Creek Little League still has some open board positions for the 2013 season! The MCLL Board of Directors traditionally meets once a month, with few exceptions, for approximately two hours on Sunday evenings. Board members should expect to be prepared to discuss issues openly and provide input as appropriate. Because of the issues that the Board will address on behalf of its general membership, it is expected that Board members attend all meetings to allow them to make informed statements and votes.
General Board Positions:
Rookies Director - Softball
If you are interested in any of the above positions or would like to know more about them, please email the league President email@example.com.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Volunteer Registration and Badge information
Anyone who wishes to volunteer in a position that will interact with players must complete and submit the required documentation (listed below) and pass a background check to be issued a volunteer identification badge. This year, all Snack Shack Volunteers also need to have a badge.
- Volunteer Application - the volunteer application needs to be either completed in hard copy, completed using a .pdf writer software (and then printed and submitted), or a printed volunteer form from registration.
- Please note: the application must include social security number (if there is not a field/line for it, anywhere on the paper is fine) and must be signed
- Driver's License - a copy of the applicant's unexpired driver's license must be provided
- Digital Photo - a digital photo of the applicant (if the applicant has volunteered with MCLL in the past couple years, we may have the picture on file)
- Please note: if there is any question about whether we have a photo or not, the suggestion is to submit one
All of these items can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to us at PO Box 12445, Mill Creek, WA 98082.
Parents and guardians who have only completed the volunteer application form via online player registration have not met the requirements and must complete the above process.
Your completed badges can be picked up at the Snack Shack which is open when there are games being played at Freedom Field.
Mill Creek Little League | P.O. Box 12445 | Mill Creek, WA 98082
Mill Creek Little League
Mill Creek, WA 98012
Get the latest updates
Come out and join family and friends at the AquaSox Game on Saturday, June 29th at 7:05 pm!
The AquaSox will be playing the Spokane Indians and 24 MCLL players will be taking the field with the AquaSox (but not playing in the game...sorry). Plus, one lucky player will be throwing out the first pitch!
Remember, while watching the Mariners play is fun, attending the AquaSox game is equally as fun PLUS it's convenient for our families with easy access, great seats and plentiful parking. Come on out and enjoy the night!
Tickets can be purchased by filling out the order form which can be turned into the snack shack before June 21st.
Trash Info. Field cleanup is the responsibility of all of us. All trash is required to be packed out with you. Remember, if you bring it in, bring it out too.
Seeds at Freedom Field. As a reminder eating of shelled seeds at Freedom Field is not permitted, especially sunflower seeds. These shells are very, very difficult to remove from the turf and can cause damage.more information.
Visit our "Training and Clinics" page for updates about training opportunities for players and coaches.
If you know of an opportunity that is not listed, send an e-mail with specific information to email@example.com